Senior Energy Modeller, Burnaby, BC
JRS Engineering is an industry leading building envelope consulting firm with offices in Vancouver and Calgary. As a growing team of over 50 building science professionals, we are at the forefront of providing quality, value-conscious building science solutions. We are a full-service firm, offering integrated services across our departments. From new construction, design, sustainability, investigations and assessments, to rehabilitation and repairs, our team is proud of the diverse services we deliver.
We are currently looking to add a talented Senior Energy Modeller to join the team as a member of our growing Energy Services Division. In this role, you will provide energy modelling services, while applying a variety of established building science principles and standards. Your typical day will involve communicating with clients, conducting investigations, producing reports, as well as design work, field reviews, and contract administration. As a senior staff member, you will work closely with the division manager to help deliver high quality energy services, provide technical training and supervision to team members, and create practice standards and guidelines for the team.
- Provide project management support to ensure that projects are completed on time and per quality and certification expectations; communicate with all stakeholders.
- Maintain full knowledge of project requirements for each project, including any scope changes which may evolve, occur or be required throughout the course of the project;
- Meet internal and external budgets and deadlines, while handling multiple projects of varying priorities and complexities;
- Create standards and viable energy modelling strategies;
- Provide technical training and supervision to team members;
- Continue education in energy modelling and building envelope to develop the necessary skills to fulfill role/projects requirements;
- Ensure that energy modelling procedures are accurately followed;
- Conduct energy modelling for new and existing buildings, including but not limited to residential (high rise and low rise) and commercial;
- Conduct thermal bridging and thermal performance analysis;
- Assist with site visits to ensure that design packages are complete and inclusive of all site conditions;
- If energy modelling workload permits, you may assist with window tests, building assessments/investigations and other forms of field testing, as required;
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Post-Secondary education in engineering, architecture or building science preferred;
- Professional Engineer registered in BC or eligible to be a P. Eng in BC;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in energy modelling;
- Experienced with energy modelling software, BC building code, ASHRAE/NECB/Energy Step Code, and Vancouver Energy Modelling Guidelines;
- Experienced with Design Builder, eQuest, HOT2000, THERM, Word, Excel, Athena;
- Certification in the following would be an asset: Certified Energy Adviser, NFRC certified simulator, or Certified Passive House Consultant/Certified Passive House Designer;
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving abstract, and access to a vehicle for visiting project sites.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to translate vague/complex requests into concrete actions;
- Self-starter with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and varied workloads.
Why choose JRS:
At JRS, our mission is to lead our profession by consistently delivering high quality services, maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge, and valuing our clients’ goals. Essential to this mission is based on one of our core values – people. We endeavour to maintain a cooperative and collaborative environment that fosters the growth of our people personally, technically, and professionally through leadership, positive relationships, challenging work and ongoing professional development.
- JRS is MIT and OQM certified by the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC), demonstrating both our commitment to our people and to delivering high quality service to our clients.
- Structured EIT training and mentorship program, creating opportunity for growth and personal development.
- Strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and dedicated to innovative and sustainable practices.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications must have SEM-VR in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no recruiters please.
JRS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.