Project Manager, Calgary
Job Title: Project Manager
Based at: JRS Calgary
Reports to: Calgary Branch Manager, JRS Engineering
Job Purpose: To manage projects and develop new clients for the Calgary office
At JRS Engineering (JRS), we understand the right people can ensure a company’s success. We believe our team members are the most important part of our business. Our cooperative culture helps deliver the superior service and quality results our clients have come to expect. JRS’s mission is to lead our profession by consistently delivering high quality service, maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge, and valuing our clients’ goals.
We are seeking analytical thinkers with experience and education in the building industry that have an aptitude for technical problem solving balanced by aesthetic sensitivity. The Project Manager role includes providing guidance to other team members in production of design documentation and implementation of designs during construction, as well as the ability to perform the work independently as required to meet deadlines. It also includes leading investigation and analysis of failed existing building envelope systems and construction site testing. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors to ensure that their expectations and needs are understood and managed. Business development is also a key component of the role, by developing new work with both existing and new clients. The ability to understand potential opportunities in the industry, and how to best serve our clients, is required.
Technical knowledge of waterproofing, roofing, and building science fundamentals are needed. Professional development courses and seminars will supplement this.
- Managing client expectations and deliverables.
- Monitoring assigned resources for compliance with scope and budget
- Managing team expectations / timelines
- Reviewing past project performance with other project team members
- Reporting to principal in charge / project professional of record
- Maintaining full knowledge of the scope of work / scope of services
- Maintaining awareness of the project team’s activities and project status
- Advising client(s) of required changes in services/scope
- Communicating assignments, tasks and deadlines to all staff
- Reviewing project and assignments with staff to ensure accuracy and schedules
- Reviewing monthly project billing to analyze billed services and to ensure profitability and accounts are up to date
- Coordinating internal reviews in accordance with latest policies and practices
- Reporting possible changes in scope and risk issues to principal in charge / project professional of record
- Identifying potential issues (scope or construction) for discussion with team or principal(s)
- Ensuring services are compliant with scope and current JRS company standards and procedures
- Independent worker; strong time management skills and works well in a team
- Excellent client management and people skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with contractors, architects and consultants
- A degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or similar field
- 5 years’ minimum experience in the building industry, preferably with direct experience in roofing, cladding, waterproofing and fenestration
- A solid understanding of building science, including energy-related issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Interest in participating in marketing activities
- Seattle-area experience is a plus
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid Alberta driver’s license.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Applications must have Project Manager – CG in the subject line. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.