Project Consultant – Seattle, WA
Job Purpose: Provide support of building enclosure consulting scopes of work.
JRS Engineering (JRS) is a consulting firm of engineers, architects, and construction professionals that specializes in building science. We are passionate about buildings and we work to improve the built environment by helping designers, owners, and builders create building enclosures that are durable, energy efficient, and cost effective. Our mission is to be a leader in the industry by consistently delivering high‑quality service to our clients that respects their project goals, and by maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge. Our most valuable asset is our staff – we strive to hire and retain highly skilled, motivated team members to help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking a driven individual with experience or education in the building industry, who has a technical aptitude and an interest in Building Science. The Project Consultant role is an entry-level position that will primarily include assisting with construction site testing of enclosure components and helping administer construction activities through review of submittals, RFIs, and construction site review. The role may also include production of design documentation and construction documents using AutoCAD or Revit for new construction and rehabilitation projects. Assisting with condition assessments of existing buildings and research on technical information will also be needed. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors.
An interest in learning about façades, windows, waterproofing, roofing, and building science fundamentals is needed to be successful in this role. This will be taught as part of job training to supplement existing knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 0 to 2 years experience in building science, building design, or construction management
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience in construction or providing construction administration preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Assist with on-site water penetration window testing
- Assist with on-site whole building air leakage testing
- Assist with work under construction by reviewing submittals, RFIs and assisting with on-site testing.
- Attend field visits and meetings and produce follow-up reports.
- Manage deliverables to meet quality and deadlines.
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects and contractors.
- Might also include assisting senior staff with production of design documents for new and rehabilitative projects.
This is a full-time position with medical benefits, retirement plan, and paid time off. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, benefits, and support for continuing education.
For more information please visit our website: www.jrsengineering.com. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.