Project Administrative Assistant – Burnaby, BC
JRS Engineering is an industry-leading building envelope consulting company with offices in Vancouver and Calgary. We work with architects, owners, developers, municipalities, and contractors to advise on how buildings can perform better through improved durability and energy efficiency. Since 1997, we have been providing high-quality building science solutions for both new construction and existing buildings.
To lead our profession by consistently delivering high-quality services, maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge, and valuing our clients’ goals.
Our Corporate Culture
The JRS corporate culture is built on collaboration. Guided by our core values, we are committed to fostering an environment that promotes growth through professional development, teamwork, and mentorship. We take pride in celebrating our people, their diversity, and their professional and personal achievements.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Project Administrative Assistant to join our Burnaby office. This position is part of a team providing support to our technical staff on the administrative aspects of their projects. Our ideal candidate has a positive attitude, excellent word-processing abilities, impressive proofreading skills, and an eye for detail. We are seeking someone who loves to multi-task and thrives on teamwork in a dynamic office environment.
Here’s what you’ll be doing at JRS:
- As part of an administrative team, complete project-based tasks such as typing, editing, proofreading, and formatting technical documents in accordance with corporate templates and standards including technical reports, letters, proposals, and contracts (including CCDC2s)
- Transcribe and format dictated reports, memos, and other documents from electronic recordings
- Assist with proposal preparation and collation
- Assist with project setup process including project filing and preparation of project start-up documentation
- Scan and file project documents in accordance with JRS’s document management processes
- Provide direct administrative support to senior technical staff
- Back-up reception duties as needed including answering phones, taking messages, sending emails, etc.
- Undertake other tasks as requested
Here’s what you bring to JRS:
- Minimum 1 year of administrative experience ideally gained in any of the following industries – architecture, engineering, construction, insurance, or law
- Post-secondary education in administration considered an asset
- A high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills including accurate use of grammar
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A highly collaborative approach and a commitment to working effectively in a team environment
- A friendly, positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- The ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Initiative and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
Why choose JRS:
We are a growing company within our industry, and we hope you share the same enthusiasm for growth within yourself. JRS celebrates our employees annually with a holiday party, a team-building day trip to Whistler, and a family-oriented summer BBQ. We strive to create a culture of support and collaboration in and outside the office.
JRS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education.