Marketing and Administrative Assistant – Seattle, WA
Job Purpose: Provide general administrative tasks, produce marketing materials and proposals, review and edit reports and other technical documents.
JRS Engineering (JRS) is a consulting firm of engineers, architects, and construction professionals that specializes in building science. We are passionate about buildings and we work to improve the built environment by helping designers, owners, and builders create building enclosures that are durable, energy efficient, and cost effective. Our mission is to be a leader in the industry by consistently delivering high‑quality service to our clients that respects their project goals, and by maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge. Our most valuable asset is our staff – we strive to hire and retain highly skilled, motivated team members to help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking a self-starting individual with administrative and marketing experience. This is a key administrative position in a growing midsized consulting firm. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic work setting with energetic staff. Tasks and responsibilities will be varied. It would also be helpful to have a curiosity about buildings, building design and construction, although no expertise is expected.
Position description with expected percentages of time listed below:
Reception Tasks (15%)
- Answer phones and receive mail and packages.
- Filing and scanning of documents
Office Administration (15%)
- Scheduling internal lunch and learns with 3rd parties and arranging food.
- Manage general cleanliness and organization of common office space including kitchen.
- Assist with travel coordination.
- Update and maintain business records and documents.
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed.
Project support (35%)
- Transcribe dictation and assist with editing of reports
- Tracking project contracts and assist with internal review and execution
- Editing of technical specifications for clarity and formatting.
Marketing Support (35%)
- Assist with the production of marketing materials including project profiles, firm qualifications, website content, and other marketing materials.
- Support the writing and provide editing to services proposals.
- Support business development activities.
- Post‑secondary education
- Minimum two (2) years administrative and/or marketing experience
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including document editing/copy writing.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Treat internal staff with a service‑based focus
- Exceptional people skills; strong communicator (oral and written) with advanced listening skills and a desire to help and work with others
- Self-starter with the initiative to improve quality of companies written and graphic product.
This is a full-time position with medical benefits, retirement plan, and paid time off. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, benefits, and support for continuing education.
For more information please visit our website: www.jrsengineering.com. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.