Building Science Consultant – Seattle, WA
Job Purpose: Provide comprehensive services on projects in design and construction. Manage projects of moderate to large size and average complexity. Produce reports and other written documents.
JRS Engineering is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm consisting of a team of consultants who specialize in building science and the building envelope. We work on buildings of all sizes and types providing design phase and construction phase services. Our collective goal is to lead our profession by consistently delivering high quality service, maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge, and valuing our clients’ goals.
Our Seattle-based team has been hard at work and is looking for new talent to join our growing organization. We are seeking analytical thinkers with experience or education in the building industry that have an aptitude for technical problem solving balanced by aesthetic sensitivity. The Building Science Consultant role involves project management for buildings of moderate to large size and average complexity from design through construction. A basic level of building science understanding is expected and will be further developed on the job. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors.
We are looking for someone with the following background:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or other building construction related field
- 3-7 years experience in building science and/or building design
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to comprehend the scope of each project
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to organizes multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Experience collaborating with contractors, architects and consultants
- Experience managing project and deliverable schedules
- Effective oral and written English skills
- Skills in AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- An interest in energy-related building issues, durability and building science
These would be your key responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including scope, client handling, quality assurance, site and off-site work, and billing. These skills will be mentored
- Assist with production of building enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to our detail library
- Produce unique building envelope details for new construction and rehabilitation projects
- Review and produce written reports and letters
- Coordinate with and direct Project Consultants assigned to your projects
- Manage deliverable schedules
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects and contractors
- Ensure services are compliant with scope of work and with current JRS company standards and procedures
- Review submittals and RFIs. Attend sites to review ongoing work and assist with testing
- Attend field visits periodically and produce field reports
We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply by sending cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.