Building Envelope Coordinator – Seattle, WA
Job Purpose: Provide design and drafting in support of building enclosure consulting scopes of work. Assist with projects in construction.
JRS Engineering (JRS) is a consulting firm of engineers, architects, and construction professionals that specializes in building science. We are passionate about buildings and we work to improve the built environment by helping designers, owners, and builders create building enclosures that are durable, energy efficient, and cost effective. Our mission is to be a leader in the industry by consistently delivering high‑quality service to our clients that respects their project goals, and by maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge. Our most valuable asset is our staff – we strive to hire and retain highly skilled, motivated team members to help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking a driven individual with experience or education in the building industry, who has a technical aptitude and an interest in Building Science. The Building Envelope Coordinator role is an entry-level position that will primarily include assisting with production of design documentation and construction documents for new construction and rehabilitation projects. Role will also include researching and gathering technical information, and helping administer construction activities through review of submittals, RFIs, and construction site review. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors. Participation in site testing is also likely.
An interest in learning about façades, windows, waterproofing, roofing, and building science fundamentals is needed to be successful in this role. This will be taught as part of job training to supplement existing knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 1 to 4 years experience in building science and/or building design
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license
- Assist senior staff with production of design documents for new and rehabilitative projects.
- Develop enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to JRS’s detail library.
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Manage deliverables to meet quality and deadlines.
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects and contractors.
- Assist with work under construction by reviewing submittals, RFIs and assisting with on-site testing.
- Attend field visits and meetings and produce follow-up reports.
This is a full-time position with medical benefits, retirement plan, and paid time off. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, benefits, and support for continuing education.
For more information please visit our website: www.jrsengineering.com. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.