Administrative Assistant, Burnaby
JRS Engineering is one of Western Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary, engineering & building science consulting firms headquartered in Burnaby, B.C with offices in Calgary and Seattle. We provide high-quality building envelope engineering and related services to a large variety of clients. With over 50 people in 3 offices, we consist of engineers, architects, technologists, roof inspectors, reserve planners, energy and thermal modelers and master’s graduates in building science.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Administrative Assistant with excellent written and oral communication skills and a positive attitude for a full-time position in our Burnaby office. The position reports to the Office Manager as part of an administrative team responsible for providing administrative support to the technical staff, including typing, reviewing, proofreading, filing.
Successful candidates will have a strong command of the English language, excellent grammar, proofreading skills and great attention to detail. It is important you are able to multitask, manage your time effectively and be able to work within a team. You will have 2 – 5 years of administrative or secretarial experience, are self-motivated and enjoy working in an energetic office environment. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related field is preferred.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Along with fellow administrative staff members, complete “list tasks” such as editing, proof-reading and formatting documents (in accordance with company templates and standards) including technical reports, letters, proposals and contracts (including CCDCII);
- Edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Transcribe and format dictated reports, memos and other documents from both taped and electronic recordings;
- Prepare, photocopy, bind, ship and file project documents;
- Shared reception duties as needed, including answering phones, emailing,etc.; and
- Undertake other tasks as requested by Principals, the Office Manager or technical staff.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 – 5 years of administrative experience required;
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing, communications, English or related field is preferred but not required;
- A friendly, positive attitude and excellent communications;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision;
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm;
- Excellent English and proofreading;
- Experience working with photoshop, adobe creative, Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Adaptability and commitment to teamwork; and
- Initiative and willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
We are a growing company within our industry, and we hope you share the same enthusiasm for growth within yourself.
This position is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Compensation is dependent on experience. Please submit resume with cover letter via email to our human resources department.
We appreciate your interest, however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted. Local candidates only, please. No calls, no recruiters.