Administrative Assistant – Burnaby, BC
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Administrative Assistant with excellent written and oral communication skills for a full-time position in our Burnaby office. The position reports to the Office Manager as part of an administrative team responsible for providing support to the technical staff. Some of the duties included: typing, document formatting, proofreading, data entry and filing.
The successful candidate will have a strong command of the English language, excellent grammar, proofreading skills and a great attention to detail. You will also be able to multi-task, manage your time effectively and work within a team in an energetic office environment. Post-secondary education in administration would be considered an asset.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Along with fellow administrative staff members, complete “list tasks” such as editing, proofreading and formatting documents (in accordance with company templates and standards) including technical reports, letters, proposals and contracts (including CCDC2s);
- Edit document content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors and contributors;
- Transcribe and format dictated reports, memos and other documents from electronic recordings;
- Assist with proposal writing;
- Prepare, photocopy, bind, courier and file project documents;
- Back-up reception duties as needed, including answering phones, sending emails, etc.;
- Directly supporting senior staff where necessary; and
- Undertake other tasks as requested.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience (required);
- A friendly, positive attitude and excellent communication;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm;
- Excellent editing and proofreading;
- Experience working with Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Adaptability and commitment to teamwork; and
- Initiative and willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- English (required)
We are a growing company within our industry, and we hope you share the same enthusiasm for growth within yourself. JRS celebrates our employees annually with a holiday party, a team building day trip to Whistler and a family-oriented summer BBQ. We also strive to create a culture of support and collaboration in and outside the office, with staff often socializing independently of work events. Our compensation package is highly competitive, dependent upon experience, with benefits after 3 months.
This position is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Please submit resume with cover letter via email to our human resources department.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education. No phone calls please. No recruiters please.