Administrative Assistant – Burnaby, BC
JRS Engineering is an industry-leading building envelope consulting firm with offices in Vancouver and Calgary. We work with architects, owners, developers, municipalities, and contractors to advise on how buildings can perform better through improved durability and energy efficiency. Since 1997, we have been providing high-quality building science solutions for both new construction and existing buildings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our Burnaby office. The position is part of an administrative team responsible for providing support to our technical staff on the administrative aspects of their projects. Our ideal candidate has a positive attitude, excellent English grammar, impressive proofreading skills, and an eye for detail. We are seeking someone who loves to multi-task and thrives on being part of a team in a dynamic office environment.
Here’s what you’ll be doing at JRS:
- As part of an administrative team, complete project-based tasks such as editing, proofreading and formatting technical documents in accordance with company templates and standards including technical reports, letters, proposals and contracts (including CCDC2s)
- Edit document content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements; minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Transcribe and format dictated reports, memos, and other documents from electronic recordings
- Assist with proposal writing and collation
- Prepare, photocopy, bind, courier and file project documents
- Back-up reception duties as needed including answering phones, taking messages, sending emails, etc.
- Provide direct administrative support to senior technical staff
- Undertake other tasks as requested
Here’s what you bring to JRS:
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience ideally gained in any of the following industries – architecture, engineering, construction, insurance, or law
- Post-secondary education in administration considered an asset
- A high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills including accurate use of grammar
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative and a commitment to working effectively in a team environment
- A friendly, positive attitude and willingness to consistently go the extra mile
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
Why choose JRS:
At JRS, our mission is to lead our profession by consistently delivering high quality services, maintaining and cultivating our technical knowledge, and valuing our clients’ goals. Our people are central to this mission. We endeavour to maintain a cooperative and collaborative environment that fosters the growth of our people personally, technically, and professionally through leadership, positive relationships, challenging work and ongoing professional development.
We are a growing company within our industry, and we hope you share the same enthusiasm for growth within yourself. JRS celebrates our employees annually with a holiday party, a team building day trip to Whistler and a family-oriented summer BBQ. We strive to create a culture of support and collaboration in and outside the office.
JRS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Join us today and grow your potential alongside our own. JRS offers competitive compensation based on experience, full benefits, and support for continuing education.